Monday, January 17, 2005

Love your heart

Last friday I got a wake up call. I went to Schiffert Center to get cure for my infected right ear (which I usually get whenever I have colds). The nurse asked me if I have taken any medication lately. I told her I have taken NyQuil for the two consecutive nights (I had colds and fever). -- She said I have to stop taking NyQuil since my blood pressure is high. I have hypertension?

I now regularly monitor my bp using a portable bp monitor I bought at Walmart. I guess I also need to schedule some exercise soon. My latest bp is almost normal -- so being diet conscious does pay. :)

2 comments:

F said...

Weeks before I left Virginia Tech I went to the health center too and the doctor said my blood pressure was at the borderline and a few ticks more and he would have precribed medicine. It was stress. A few weeks after I moved to a different place my blood pressure was normal.

Maybe you're watching too many exciting sporting events hehehe.

K said...

how I wish I can just watch sporting events. :)

I can still blame it on NyQuil - hehehe.

Published Scholars in the Philippines

Using Google Scholar data, webometrics ranks 453 scientists in the Philippines (June 2016 report). Each of these scientists has at least an...