Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Emotions as commodity

I stumbled on Mike Tan's article entitled "Emotions for sale" in Inq7.net. He wrote that commodified emotions sell -- because people are usually eager to know or experience anything that can make them cry, laugh, or angry. He made a case in Faye hoax. The article was an interesting read.

In another story, Inq7.net features Virginia Cruz Santos, a pinay animator who is one of the people behind the awesomely incredible "The Incredibles" movie. It is heart warming to know that Filipinos excel in their fields of expertise, once they are given the opportunity.

3 comments:

Roy Tan said...

Commoditification of emotions? I'd like to sell my frustration and buy some euphoria please, if that's too expensive, maybe I can get some mild amusement instead. Perhaps money can buy happiness after all.

Money *can* buy tickets to Universal Orlando, which is very nearly happiness. :-)

F said...

I can use a few days at the beach :) I'd like to imagine writing my dissertation in a hut in Boracay. They can wire my assistantship and I can email them my draft chapters :) I'll be well-tanned for my defense.

K said...

If I could just exchange my frustations in research into more cash... :)

Published Scholars in the Philippines

Using Google Scholar data, webometrics ranks 453 scientists in the Philippines (June 2016 report). Each of these scientists has at least an...